Time & Location
About the Event
About This Course
Writing a clear specification is crucial to the successful delivery of contracts. It helps suppliers to understand your requirements, ensures the needs of users are met and helps ensure you achieve value for money. But with little in way of formal training available for commissioners and contract managers, it can be difficult to know where to start – and missing a key detail can have long-lasting repercussions. This new one-day course addresses this by explaining the elements of a good specification and how to structure this to best help suppliers understand your requirements. You’ll learn how to engage key stakeholders in the process, including customers/end users to design that services meet their needs, and how to ensure that there is room for innovation and added value from suppliers.
This course is suitable for anyone in a commissioning, project management or contract management role who regularly has to take services to market.
- Understand the purpose of a specification and its role in the commissioning and procurement process
- Understand how to define and explain business requirements
- Understand how to identify your key stakeholders and engage them in the process
- Understand the key elements that make up a specification
- Know how to structure a specification to present comprehensive information in a simple way
- Know what not to say, leaving room for innovation in your suppliers’ responses
- Delegate Ticket£395£3950£0