Tue, 08 Dec|
Establishing Commercial Acumen
Test your commercial acumen with this one-day introductory course
Time & Location
08 Dec 2020, 09:30 – 16:00
About the Event
About This Course
Commercialism is one of the most prominent and urgent topics in the public sector. But, with only 4% of councils believing they have the skills they need, it can be difficult to know where to start.
This course will help you to assess your organisation’s commercial maturity and your own commercial acumen. You’ll gain an understanding of the potential for commercialism in the public sector and the key skills and behaviours involved. You’ll finish the day by developing a commercial roadmap for your team or department and a personal development plan to grow the skills you need to deliver it.
- Discover different examples of commercialism in the public sector
- Understand different commercial skills and behaviours and how to apply them in your role
- Understand your organisation’s level of commercial maturity and how to develop this
- Discover some key tools for commercial thinking and how to apply these in your role
- Identify opportunities for commercial development in a world living with COVID-19
- Ongoing support from a network of peers we’ll introduce you during the session
Course Leader - Jonathon Noble, Managing Director, Human Engine – An entrepreneurial leader with a Big 5 consulting background and senior local government experience, Jonathon has a passion for bringing a commercial approach to the challenges of modern public service delivery. He has worked with dozens and local authorities and NHS organisations to help develop their commercial approaches.
Delegate Ticket£295.00+£7.38 service fee