Embedding Social Value
Time & Location
About the Event
About This Course
Social value has helped organisations to deliver cost savings, innovation, improved supplier relationships and more sustainable public services.
In this new one day programme, you'll learn how to embed social value in your organisation. With an expert trainer and the opportunity to learn from others, you'll leave the day with a range of skills to embed social value within your business.
- A thorough understanding of the legal and policy context
- Practical methodologies for incorporating social value into your organisation's commissioning and procurement activities
- Examples of national best practice to learn from
- Tools for measuring and monitoring social value outcomes
- Opportunities to share ongoing learning with other organisations
About The Trainer: Jamie Thomas
Jamie Thomas is a procurement law and policy specialist with a decade’s practical experience of public procurement in local and central government.
As procurement policy lead for Durham County Council, Jamie led the council to win the 2016 Social Value Leadership Award for an organisation at the Cabinet Office-backed UK Social Value Awards. The council was recognised for having invested in understanding the region’s priorities and how procurement can help to achieve these, going beyond the requirements of the Social Value Act to secure wider social, economic and environmental outcomes for residents, businesses and communities.
Jamie has a Masters degree (LLM) in Public Procurement Law and Policy from the University of Nottingham Law School and has spoken nationally on public procurement and social value.
- Delegate Ticket£395£3950£0