Time is TBD|
etc.venues Moorgate Bonhill House
Business Case Basics
Discover how to write a clear and compelling case for change in this introductory one-day course.
Time & Location
Time is TBD
etc.venues Moorgate Bonhill House, Bonhill House, 1-3 Bonhill St, Shoreditch, London EC2A 4BX, UK
About the Event
Ideal for commissioners of complex services and procurement professionals seeking to more effectively manage their projects, this one-day course teaches project management skills in the context of the commissioning cycle. Designed specifically to meet the needs of the modern commissioning or procurement professional, this programme covers the key skills needed at each stage of the commissioning cycle and procurement process, from identification of need to management of supplier(s).
This course is suitable for anyone involved in commissioning or procurement activities, whether or not they have a project management qualification or experience.
- Understand the difference between an options appraisal and a business case
- Understand the key elements that make up a business case
- Know how to baseline your current situation – the ‘as-is’
- Understand how to identify your key stakeholders and engage them in the process
- Know how to set objectives and critical success factors
- Be aware of the key tools to evaluate your business case and anticipate risks
- A business case template and confidence to apply this to your future projects
About the Trainer: Ed Gurney
Ed Gurney is a transformation programme manager with 12 years’ experience of developing and implementing business cases in the public sector. He has led projects and programmes for back-office and frontline services, from property services to adult social care. In his current role as Business Change Programme Manager for Thames Valley Police, he is responsible for a multi-million pound portfolio of digital transformation projects.
Delegate Ticket£395.00+£9.88 service fee